Discover why Sociavore outshines Square Online as a restaurant website
If you’re looking for a Square Online alternative, then you’re in the right place. Square and Sociavore are both products that help your restaurant build a restaurant website.
Square and Sociavore share many similarities. First and foremost, they both provide online ordering and a drag & drop website builder.
Here's the deal: at Sociavore, we're not just another tech company. We're a team of passionate restaurant owners who understand the ins and outs of this industry. That's why we built Sociavore from the ground up to give complete control back to restaurant owners. Every feature we create is designed with your restaurant, you, and your team in mind, to make your daily operations a breeze. We're proud to offer a platform that truly puts the restaurant owners first.
A comparison of Sociavore and Square Online
While Square Online caters to a diverse set of businesses, its primary focus on online ordering falls short in providing the same level of convenience for restaurant management compared to Sociavore, which is a comprehensive platform specifically designed for restaurant websites. Sociavore makes your restaurant website delightful for your guests and your staff to use every day.
|Sociavore||Square Online Premium||Sociavore|
|Subscription Length||Month-to-Month||Billed Annually (12 months prepaid)|
|On-demand Delivery Fee||No Additional Fees||$1.50 Per Order|
|In-house Delivery Fee||No Additional Fees||$0.50 Per Order|
|Instagram Import Automation|
|QR Code Menus||Static + Ordering||Ordering Only|
|Restaurant Menu Editor||Text, Image, PDF, Ordering||Square Items Only (Ordering)|
|Reservation Integrations||Tock, Sevenrooms, Resy, OpenTable, More||None|
|Custom Form Builder|
|Job Postings & Online Applications|
|Website Performance (Google Lighthouse)|
|Google Rich Results||Full Support|
|Reservations (Request + Confirm)|
|Event Calendar & Ticketing|
|FOH Management App||Orders Only|
|Digital Gift Cards||On Square Domain|
|Social Media + Blog Posting|
|Customer Accounts||Orders Only|
|Inventory Support||Burndown + Replenishing Weekly Inventory||Burndown Only|
|Cross Menu Ordering|
|Delivery Zones||Radius + Custom Shapes||Radius Only|
|Order with Google|
|Order Aggregator Menu Support||Deliverect, Cuboh||None|
|Order Throttling & Management||Advanced||Basic|
|Order & Pay (QR, Table, Room Service)||Table Only|
|Outpost & Dropoff Ordering|
|Square Gift Card Support|
How do Square Online and Sociavore differ from each other?
- Sociavore was built by restaurant owners for restaurant owners
- Sociavore is more affordable than Square Online Premium
- Sociavore can be paid month-to-month, Square Online Plus & Premium requires an annual prepayment
- Sociavore was built only to be used by restaurants and other food businesses - bakeries, cafes, caterers
- Sociavore is modern and quick, Square Online is bloated, slow, and struggles in website performance tests
- Sociavore has reservations and waitlist features, but Square does not have reservations or waitlist
- Sociavore accepts menus from Deliverect and Cuboh, Square requires you to create a menu from Square POS items
- Sociavore has more advanced ordering features such as multi-menu checkout and daily inventory, Square does not support multi-menu checkout and daily inventory
- Sociavore has additional restaurant-specific features such as kiosks, event ticketing, and custom forms, Square Online does not support kiosks, event calendars, and custom forms
- Sociavore is focused on the full guest experience online for a restaurant, Square Online is focused primarily on online ordering as Square is a payments company and their goal is to generate more payments volume
If Square Online's features or pricing gets an update and this article becomes outdated, email us and we will update it.